Monday, February 22, 2010

30 Day Shred for lent?


Well as many of you have all mentioned bikini season is right around the corner (even though they are calling for snow here tonight and tomorrow!) and like many of you I am dying to kick my rear-in-gear and lose some weight and tone my body.  On top of summer, and pool time being just around the corner, our wedding is also just around the corner and I want to look stunning in that dress and ... well... we have a honeymoon in Destin, FL!
So over the past few months it seems to keep coming to my radar... Jillian Michaels "The 30 Day Shred"... okay friends, I will admit that I have NEVER once attempted to work out to DVD or TV but I keep hearing such positive things about this dvd that I just had to try it out.  I purchased it about ... eh... a week ago maybe? and after about 2 or 3 days of it sitting on the coffee table I finally opened it to see "what it was all about."  I watched level 3 to scare motivate me that level 1 must be oh so easy compared to three! ha!  Well I put the DVD in, and attempted to do level 1... let me just tell you, the warm up about made me pass out haha not literally but seriously after several minutes (maybe 5 or 6) I was BEAT!  I had to turn it off for fear of having a heart attack or passing out ha! Not even 24 hours later I was sore in the legs and the abs! YIKES!
The only conclusion that I can come to is a) I was super-duper out of shape and b) this DVD work-out might actually WORK!
Have you all tried it? What were your results?  Again, I am not promising to "COMPLETE" this, its just going to be used as a tool to help me die shed some fat, and hopefully weight!  And now, time for me to go at it again! (looking for reviews on this dvd? here are a few...)

Oh oh! and on top of all this, last wednesday was Ash wednesday and I decided to cut sodas out of my diet for the next 40 days!  I think this is killing me more than the workouts... :( Maybe this will aid in the shedding of weight :) What did yall give up for lent? How is it going for YOU!?

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty scared that I'd try it once and quit. Not like I'm doing anything else! I'm probably in about the same shape you are and I don't want to look like a heifer in my bridesmaid dress!

    I gave up alcohol for Lent and Brian and I committed to praying evening prayer together. We haven't prayed yet, but I haven't had any alcohol yet either. So it's about 50/50. I also committed to serving my husband and my home better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it for 2-3 weeks back in November/December ... it was definitely working. The first day was the toughest for me. I stopped because I got sick, but am about to start it again. My plan is/was to do 10 days in a row on level 1, 10 on level 2 and 10 on level 3. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did the shred for a month last april, and i've been too scared to do it again!!! it worked but MAN it kicked my butt... i definitely hated jillian by the end of it though!! i may try it again but with motivating music instead of her saying "you don't get these abs for free!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. and beach party maybe :) how much was it? I need to do something. i did eat a salad for dinner but then i had ice cream in bed..soo yeah.

    you gotta lose the baby before the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i gave up soda too! and the headaches aren't as bad as they were last year when i gave it up! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried it yet but I really want to. I need something to kick my butt into gear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers