Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Sweet Message!


As I was going through my e-mail earlier today I found this sweet message from someone I really look up to! She is not my biological mom but lead me when I was younger and I still admire her.  She periodically will send an email to her "girls" both biological and not... I found this message so sweet and touching that I wanted to share it with you. Stop and think about this : 

August 5, 2012

Good morning girls!

It was as if a scene had been plucked from the past and set down in the midst of our modern hurried
world. The place was a barn in Monreat, NC. It was one of the Friday night summer square dances!
There was an elderly caller accompanied by three bearded musicians who seemed very comfortable on
stage making music.

On the floor were dancers …not professional ones with petticoats and bolo ties. These dancers were
children and their parents and grandparents! Holding hands and doing the do-si-do, they were as young
as two and three years old! Fathers were dancing with their sons or daughters, mothers were teaching
their children how to bow and curtsy, and smiles were abounding!

Psalm 127 reminds us that children are God’s best gift. We know that to be true, but so often we forget
it. We fill our family time with ipods, smart phones and favorite TV shows, and forget how to have basic
fun.

As I sat there and watched those children and their families celebrating life and music, I was filled with
joy and reminded of something more. When we drop the electronics and reach for a little hand to
hold…we might just end up dancing!

Have a great day!

I love you,

Mom

“Don’t you see that children are God’s best gift?” Psalm 127:3 The Message

Do you agree?? :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers