Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Prayers for Reesey: EMERGENCY prayer request!

UPDATE: 
Here is an update from EJ (Daddy) from this morning: 
What started out as a trip to the ER to see if Reese was sick, has turned into the hardest phone call I have ever received. Let's start with the ER trip. Reese had a very small amount of vomit this morning around 3:00 AM. As per our instructions, we called and waited for instructions on what we should do. Amanda and I felt it was needed to head into the ER just to check if anything was wrong. Children's in Dallas did a CT and an x-ray to see if there were signs of anything causing problems. The initial read was nothing out of the ordinary, and that the vomit was related to the medications she was on. no signs of sickness. So, Amanda and Reese headed on back home. around 1:00PM this afternoon, I received a call from our neurosurgeon, Dr Price. Honestly, I thought it was a follow up call to say that all was looking good and that the scans were okay. What I got was a completely different conversation. I was told that the tumor has grown again and that the type of chemo Reese is receiving is not having any impact on the tumor. The tumor is growing much faster than they expected and they are looking on how to best treat this thing. The first thing that they want to do is switch reese to a much stronger type of chemo that they believe will begin the shrinking process and ultimately the destruction of the tumor. But in order to say that this will help, there needs to be a surgical approach as well to help eliminate as much of the tumor as possible to give the chemo a fighting chance. The surgeon said that she would be able to remove about 40% of the remaining growing mass. The problem is where the tumor sits. There is about a 20% chance that the surgery could impact her ability to speak and the damage may leave Reese speaking the way she does now for the rest of her life. This is the best course of action that they have. For a supposedly benign tumor, this thing does not act like it. The other option is to continue with our current treatment which based on how this has tumor has reacted so far could mean we have a couple months with Reese; something I cannot stomach. We have elected to go with the surgical option and to change the chemo to the more aggressive type. Our hope is that the surgical team does their job extremely well and there are no ill effects, followed up with the chemo treatment that begins to cause serious destruction to this tumor. If I could have one wish this christmas, it is that these steps are successful in treating Reese. You often hear of some of the bravest men and women coming back from battle fighting for our country and developing PTSD. I know that this does not compare to what they have endured and witnessed in protecting us here, but I believe I have had a taste of what they go through. This is a massive blow to our spirit. We are hopeful, still. We have to be. As RGIII stated, 'No pressure, no diamonds'. Well, I think that we should have a diamond bigger than the Hope diamond when we are through with this.


If you all have been following these prayer requests (and if you haven't been) I beg you to pray for my friend, Amanda, her daughter, Reese, and the rest of her beautiful family... 

They got some unbearable news tonight and my heart is literally breaking for them. 
The tumor is larger. The chemo isn't working. Read her blog below.

**Can you please share their facebook page: PRAYING FOR REESEY with all of your friends on facebook? 
**Can you please pass along their blog and facebook info on your blog? 

Here is Amanda's blog: 
****please please please read this post and PRAY!****

They need everyone in the world to rally around them in prayer!! 

God IS able. He is a miracle worker!

Matthew 17:20
Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...