Friday, December 14, 2012

Prayers for Newton

Today was another day that just shook our country, our core. How on earth can someone do such a thing? K had gotten home from work early and I was fixing us all lunch as Raleigh Grace was being her cute self just wandering around the living room playing, cuddling with her daddy.  So glad he was home to play with her.  And then it all happened- my friend Mallorie sent me a text wondering if I had heard about the Elementary school shooting... I had not and I immediately asked K if he had- he had not... we turned on the news and watched as the horrific news unfolded.  

As a teacher, and especially as a mother this hit so close to home for me.  I kept thinking about my own daughter and all of my students. I kept thinking "how could this happen? What would I have done?" etc. etc.  The thoughts have brought tears to my eyes all day-- I can not imagine what the whole community is feeling there. My prayers and thoughts go out to everyone - everyone. Whether directly or indirectly affected. but please, please pray for the victims and their families, the survivors, and their families and also the police, EMTs, first responders, firefighters, and all of our nation.  

Christ come back soon!! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers