Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Recap!

Are ya'll ready for this!?  I'm finally back to the blog world {wahoo!} I have missed ya'll so very much and I am happy to be back!! There is a lot that I need to catch ya'll up on so I am going to get started... this may end up being multiple posts.

So like I told you before... we got snowed in on Christmas Eve! (probably because I spent a little too much time outside playing in the Oh-so-Wonderful SNOW!


Christmas Eve Photos:



the little snowman.... I had limited time and no help from the hubs (ahem!)


catching a few flakes on my tongue!




this is what we tried to drive home in...


about an hour later when we finally got back home (about 5 miles of driving)


how funny is this! our walk home from the grocery store Christmas Eve!


me in all my joy, being silly! :)


My favorite...


K & Yoda working hard on our first fire in the house!


So warm and cozy!


and of course I had a nice bowl of snow to make some Snow-Cream!

Christmas morning we woke up fairly early and talked to our family in NC and then opened our stockings here at the house.  Since we had already opened the gifts that we gave each other (because we thought we were going to be with my family) the stockings were all we had to exchange.  We did that and then I went to play in the snow a little more before we had to tell it goodbye!  The neighbors kids were also outside and they were having a blast as well.

our backyard on Christmas Morning


stocking fun


Yoda with his stocking


one of the kids about to destroy my snowman :(


Christmas Morning before hitting the road for our 6 hour trip

We finally packed the car and got on the road... where we spent the next 6 hours of our Christmas day.  Christmas lunch... well ... lets just say that EVERYTHING is closed on Christmas eve so we ended up with Jack-in-the-Box... how embarrassing, but I was so glad that they were open.


When we finally made it "home" we went straight to my aunt and uncles house where their family, my family, and our grandma were.  They had eaten the Christmas Meal a few hours earlier and we were still (embarrassingly) full from, yes, Jack-in-the-Box. ha! They got a good laugh out of that! We opened some presents, ate dessert and then decided it was time to head back to my parents house... poor Yoda was freaking out- having been stuck in the car for so long, not to mention he was a bit chilly outside.  We headed to Mom's and opened presents and had a blast enjoying the company.  We were all tired and called it a night soon.  The next morning Mom had ordered tamales for breakfast and some yummy breakfast tacos. Later that afternoon mom and I went to the church to work on the bulletin- she is in charge of putting it together as well as printing it so we worked on that while my sister and K stayed at home an worked a puzzle that my dad got for Christmas.  Pat (my stepdad) and my other sister went to a birthday party.  Sunday was church, lunch at Double Dave's pizza, then to Granny Em's to do Christmas at her house.  That night my sisters boyfriend came over and we had a fun game-night! My little sister who is in 7th grade couldn't convince her boyfriend to come over because he had done a 10 mile bike ride earlier that day.  We played Disney Scene-It, Battle of the Sexes, and Taboo.  We had a great time.  Monday K and I had to head back to our house but before we did I got a haircut, and he and my dad installed new locks on both the front and backdoors!  They looked great!  The long drive home was... well... LONG! We didn't get back to our house until about 3 am! Straight to bed and K was back to work on Tuesday.

Wednesday was K's 27th Birthday!! We celebrated by eating some good mexican food for dinner and then when we got home I surprised him with a cookie cake and a gaming chair - both of which he really enjoyed.

at dinner


His cake


Birthday Man!

Oh and I forgot to mention we got about another inch of snow on his birthday, Tuesday.  Just crazy weather for Texas! More to come on how we brought in the new decade, NYE 2009! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers