Thursday, December 24, 2009

I have no life...

So I lied... Here I am again and this time I am SNOWED IN!! ha!  We tried to make it to Houston after K got off work this afternoon but it was snowing so hard I insisted on creating a snowman which I did successfully but this put us at a later departure than planned.  We hopped on the road and headed south but after we watched 2 cars go off into the ditch, a few already in the ditch, and us skid several times, after about 5 miles of driving that took an hour, and trying to get gas with nothing but frustration with the pumps being frozen but finally filling up... we decided that it might just be best for us to head back home, which we did.  I would much rather be safe and sound at home with my baby and a warm fire and a blanket of snow on the lawn than scared to death driving....I'm sure that we made the best, safest decision.  Upon our arrival at home we had no food because we had planned on being gone a few days... so here we were to make a decision... do we get back out on the road and drive to the grocery store for food or do we venture out on foot.  We did the latter and had a blast doing it.  The snow was falling super hard and the 40mph wind gusts were sure keeping us warm but again, we had a blast!! After we bought some pizza and beer for dinner we were walking home when all of a sudden I screamed bloody murder.  I had been following KJ so he was a little in front of me and shocked he turned around to see me nearly stiff as a board.  As I had been walking a small bird came out from under the snow, right beside where I had placed my foot and flew off right by my face.  Nearly scared me to death -- who knew birds lived under the snow in really cold conditions.  What an education experience tonight ha! We got home and started a warm cozy fire, the first one we have ever had here, baked the pizza and then some M&M cookies that K made.  They were supper yummy!!  If it doesn't hurt your feelings any I will post some pictures later this week as I guess right now it is time for me to go to bed so that Santa can come.... YES!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. The TX weather has been crazy. All my family is in TX and affected by the snow! Sorry to hear it didn't all go as planned, but hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers