Sunday, December 20, 2009

Our First MARRIED CHRISTMAS!! :)

AH! Today was so much fun and I didn’t even know that it was coming... :)

Well let me get back to last night;... the wedding was absolutely wonderful- it was the most God centered wedding that I have ever been to and I was just absolutely in awe of how glorified God was last night at the marriage of these two people.  It was so evident that God had brought them together and that they wanted to bring Him all the glory.  WOW!  Now that is how a wedding is supposed to be!!!!!!!! :) Not to mention- Mel looked absolutely breathtaking and her groom (like the pastor said) didn't look bad himself ha!  Everything was *perfect* and nearly had me to tears about a dozen times.  I can not wait to get to know them better as a couple and hopefully blossom that friendship more than it already is :)

So yea, unfortunately K had to work on this wonderful Saturday and it kills me that he was gone all day... All I want to do is lie around, enjoy the Christmas season and veg with him.  I guess that will come later...

So this evening K got off work and for some reason (which I don’t know) both of us were in super happy/ giddy moods.  We decided that tonight would be the night to open our presents from each other because we will be going to hang out with my parents for Christmas and really didn’t want to haul all of our things/ wanted to really enjoy everyone else's gifts while we were there so we decided to do it before leaving our home.  And why not tonight!? ha! Tonight it was.  Usually I am one to enjoy looking forward to things for weeks/ months to come but this time I had no time to anticipate (minus about 30 mins) and it was a different kind of fun.  Giddy I guess you could say... I quickly went to the kitchen and started baking some Christmas cookies out of some cute cookie cutters that our friend Erin gave us for Christmas and put all kinds of tasty sprinkles to cover them :)  K got the leftover brisket out, chopped it up and made us both some bbq sandwiches.  They were oh-so-yummy!
Both of us then plopped on the floor in the living room and went to town.  Last week when we were putting out the nativity set I told K that whoever found baby Jesus had to open the first present (all the little pieces were wrapped in newspaper individually) and he found it.  We each saved 2 presents that we are going to open ON Christmas day at the rents house but we still had plenty to open tonight.  K got some practical things/ fun things.... he really gave me NO help this year as to anything that he even REMOTELY thought he might like for Christmas so I ended up going out on a limb....
-2 Racquetball racquets and 3 racquetballs.  He had mentioned a few months back how much fun he thought it would be to play racquetball at our gym (they do not provide the racquets) -- therefore I bought him 2 (one for me :-P) and some balls.  I am super excited about having a little fun and kicking both of our butts back in shape, all at the same time.
-Bedroom slippers ... I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this or not... (Sorry babe if I'm not) but K had taken a liking to my fuzzy slippers.... mind you they are leopard print... ha! So I bought him some "manly" ones that are Nautica- grey and navy. Now he has his own that actually fit him :) ha!
-Some DVD (I honestly do not remember the name of it right now) -- we were in wal-mart several weeks ago and while browsing movies he pointed at "this one" and was like "OOO- I want this movie!"  I immediately told him that he might want to *ask for it for Christmas* or maybe write it down because he and I both knew that I would forget what movie it was before we left the store.  true story. ha.  .... let me just tell you- I had to go back to the exact wal-mart and pick it out based on the placement of it.  I knew exactly where it was and luckily they had not rearranged the DVD's since our last visit- wheph! ha!
-A giant Cookies-and-Cream candy bar.  I HATE everything about them.  The smell. The taste. How they look. Everything.  K loves them.  and I love K.  Therefore I thought it would be a nice gesture because he knows how much I hate them.... I even threaten to not kiss him after he has eaten them but usually that doesn’t really work ha.  I don’t know why I dislike these things so bad... its weird- I almost hate them as bad as I hate onions ... EWW!
(and as we speak he is going after that "NASTY THING" and his slippers  {grin} (note: he says that the slippers are not quite as comfy as mine but let me tell you- they look much nicer on him hahaah)

And that is all for his gifts.  *minus the two I can not post about yet because he has yet to open them*


Let me just say I feel like a lame gift giver... not that he doesn’t like all of these things but he really went over the top and got me wonderful gifts.  I should have done better... maybe next year... or his birthday which happens to be in less than 10 days.
-He got me a gorgeous GORGEOUS James Avery cross necklace- the cross is formed of flowers and is on a beautiful black chord! WOW!
-A docking station for my iPhone/iPod-- I have never had one, yet I have had my ipod for almost 10 years... I am so behind.  This thing is so nifty it charges the iphone, plays music, has an alarm clock, comes with a remote, and probably a million other things that I have yet to discover! Jack-Pot!
-2 sleepers from VS-- I just love comfy PJ's ... and they have some of the best nightgowns... they have to be made from the softest material ever made. mmm mmm!

And there yah have it.
Our first MARRIED CHRISTMAS !!! 
I just love this man to pieces and found so much joy watching him open his gifts... that and shopping for them has to be my favorite part. :) Joy. 
{come back for pics soon of all the fun we had opening gifts!}

2 comments:

  1. sounds like fun and a great first married Christmas! Enjoy the rest of the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!!!!!!!!! Hope yall have a really great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers