Wednesday, December 2, 2009

* Let it Snow *

Well this morning I woke up to send K off to work and we were in the living room when he turned on the TV and they were talking about "Snow in North Texas..." I got all excited (thinking that it would be snowing soon) and started squealing! Last night I was not happy because other parts of Texas were getting snow but not us.  K explained to me that the weather people were crazy and that there was no way it was going to snow... and I was like no! no! there we are on the radar... it says SNOW! ha!  He again was like, nah... no way... they are nuts (or something along those lines ha) ... BUT as he was saying this, mid sentence, he glanced over toward the window... (the blinds were closed but you could barely peak through them)... gets up off the couch and walks a little closer... says "oh my!", opens the blinds and WAH-LAH! There was SNOW already covering the ground table and EVERYthing else! :) I was thrilled, him... not so much haha he just isnt a huge fan of snow.

In the midst of all that is going on I feel like the past few days I have been in one of those ruts... I think everyone spends some time there occasionally and I don't think it is necessarily a bad place to be but more of a bad place to stay.  Its a great place to be if it brings you to your knees and back to the Lord!

Last week we found out that my pastor has a brain tumor (read more about it here).  He had a doctor appointment on Tuesday that went well and is scheduled for surgery on Friday.  Updates can be found here.  This is terrible, sad news for anyone but especially our pastor who has done so much for the body of Christ.  Dallas Morning News has also put out an article.  This has created an outpouring of prayer from all over the world from literally thousands of people which is totally amazing!   Join with us in praying!
On top of that yesterday I found out that my sisters kitty was killed in some sort of a fight outside.  Terrible news.
There are also some other things going on with K's job and the holidays coming up that we are in need of many prayers for.  
It just seems like so many negative things are happening to people all around the world.  It has managed to get me a little down.

Putting all of this aside, I think it so neat that this morning God would waken me to a beautiful gift, a surprise, of a beautiful First-snow-of-the-year (esp in TX where it never snows!) that immediately boosted my spirit and I felt instantly renewed.  I LOVE the little gifts that God gives us,  they are the greatest!




Home Sweet Home... :) Its all starting to melt...

(Nevermind that just a couple of hours later one would never know that it had snowed ha.  The streets are dry and the grass is green again. Oh well- they are calling for more on Friday- Yippee!)

Thought of the Day: 

"HOLD ON TIGHT TO THE HAND OF JESUS. THIS IS A WAR WE ARE IN!" 


"When I walk into the thick of trouble, keep me alive in the angry turmoil. With one hand strike my foes, With your other hand save me. Finish what you started in me, God. Your love is eternal—don't quit on me now." Psalm 138:7-8, The Message.


"The Spirit can make life. Sheer muscle and willpower don't make anything happen. Every word I've spoken to you is a Spirit-word, and so it is life-making." John 6:63.  


Check out  Beth Moore's Blog for more on this.... it is a GREAT read, especially how it relates to everything else I have already spoken about on here today.  Love ya'll! 


5 comments:

  1. Oh my, you, your pastor and family are in my prayers this week! You are fortunate to have some snow ... I hope we get some this winter. So far, only gross cold rain :( Oh well ... time will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're feeling down right now! You definitely have a lot going on. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow our husbands really are alike!!! Maybe the next time your in Houston we should all get together!

    I am so sorry for all the bad news. We will be praying.

    As far as the rut goes I just went through it to (notice the lack of blogging) but then just one day it goes away. Hopefully the Christmas spirit will cheer you up along with that wonderful snow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so torn! I want it to snow and to see the pretty winter wonderland. But B is getting all Saftey Stan on me and says we can't come if the streets are iced. :(
    I'm so sorry you're going through the dregs. Nothing like a weekend with friends to jolt out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. Hiking In Salta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers