Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shhhh!! It's a Secret!

Okay so first of all, SHHH! This is a secret!

So all of you remember when a few weeks ago I posted "Cast your vote now" about whether I should keep my current blonde hair or go with the darker brunette that I had back when.  My husband is ALL about me having dark hair again.  Thats the color it was when he met me so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it??  I know that many of you liked the blonde better (as do I currently- but I like both just fine) but he realllllly reallllly wants me to have dark hair again.  I'm doing it- I'm going to dye my hair brown.

Here are a few reasons for dying my hair.

  • I already made a promise that I would have dark hair for my wedding.....&.....
  • We are soon going to take some engagement style pics (I hope) and I want my hair to be the same color in those pics as my wedding day pics (make sense?)
  • Its winter... now is the time to go darker... we are having a summer wedding and I think it might be weird (or just a little "emo" as daddy used to tell me) to dye my hair dark in the middle of the summer.
  • Dying my hair will most likely make it look a little healthier, and is not as bad for your hair as highlighting 
  • Dying hair is WAY cheaper than highlighting it. (hundreds of dollars vs. 50 dollars)
  • MOST of all, I want to surprise my hubby and make him go nuts (because I know he will). ha!
So there are some of the reasons I am MAKING THE JUMP!  I just got off the phone with the hair place that I swore I would never go to again, but they always DYED my hair when it was dark and I was always happy with it.  I'm mad that I am giving them business after this terrible hair fiasco I had this summer... but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do... and like my friend Jen said... Toni & Guy tend to be hit and miss ... hopefully today is a HIT! (I know it will be, the lady doing it has been doing one of my friends hair for almost 3 years and she has dyed mine before.)

So 2pm today I will be heading to get my new "do!" Im freakishly nervous... don't know why... maybe because I'm surprising my man, maybe because my hair is already so damaged thanks to that "terrible hair fiasco", maybe because I'm still not 100% sure that I want dark hair ... but I'm making taking the leap! 
The hubby is at work and by the time he gets home to read this he will have already see my hair and hopefully be blown away! haha Be sure to check back later today for some new pictures :) YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers