Monday, August 10, 2009

My reunion with Texas!

Yesterday was such a whirl-wind of activities... it all started at 6:45 am when I rolled out of bed and got ready for my 7am hair appointment (mind you the salon is 5 mins from the house so I had all of 10 minutes to get ready ha!). Long story short about a month ago, right before my best friends wedding, I went to get my highlights "touched up" and I somehow managed to leave Toni & Guy with orange hair- no one really likes the color orange and let me just be honest and tell you- it looks way WORSE on your head! I was so upset about it my mom finally convinced me to go back and get my money back or get it fixed... ends up the same guy who messed it up went to "fix" it (oh, and did I mention he is also the assistant manager!)... 2 sets of highlights in 2 days = terrible for your hair and I was a nervous wreck!! Let me just tell you- it looked a little better but long story short it NEVER got "fixed" and when I demanded a refund for my heartache and soon to be hairless head (due to all the chemicals) Toni & Guy refused and only wanted to put more chemicals in my hair. um, NO thanks!! DO NOT EVER GO THERE!! So after a month of living with a beautiful (grr) strawberry blonde hair- and damaged- I went to get it done yet again but this time with a trusty friend in NC. She did a great job and my hair is now as blonde as it has ever been but it looks better than it did before. I still have an orange tint but was told I was going to have to live with it until my hair grows out :( sadness! but Ill get over it... I guess. Okay- enough ranting and raving about my hair. I had no intentions of telling that story when I started writing today but I guess I really needed to vent. grr. ha! Sorry for the not such "long story short"... more like "short story long" ha! okay... moving on with my life now.
So after the nice hair sesh (session) I headed to lunch with the fam at Juds. What a treat! They have the best burgers, mmm! I then had my wonderful aunt transport me to the airport to catch a flight back to Texas. It was bittersweet. First of all I was all jacked up on Dr. Pepper and next to no sleep which made for a quirky me, and on top of that I was dealing with the emotions of having to leave my wonderful mother, granddaddy, and the rest of my family, and missing my fiance more than ever :( that is not something I ever enjoy doing- saying goodbyes- and grandaddy reminded me that next time he saw me I would be Mrs. Pueschel- WOW! crazy awesomeneessss haha.)
Landed in Dallas a good 45 minutes early and was greeted by the wonderful Ms. McDougal who picked me up and took me back to her apt and had dinner ready when I got there! I hung out with the 2 Mrs. McDougals and RK and then headed home. It was so nice to see my house was still standing and that the grass was cut :) my flowers are a little outta-whack and the beds are full of weeds but I guess that's just one more project for me to do sometime this week. wahoo! NOT!
My two cousins who are in the Air Force in OK came over to my house and we went to Chili's, hung out, and had a blast catching up! That was the perfect end to a crazy long day!
Today wasn't near as eventful as yesterday but it was a good day. I slept in (oh how I have missed my bed!) then went and bought some groceries so that I would have food to eat this week. This Sunday was my week to greet at church so I got there around 4:15 and saw lots of friends who I hadn't seen in ages, and got lots of OOHs and AHHs about my ring- it seemed like that was all that everyone wanted to see ha. oh and lots of comments on the hair too ha. A couple of people just found out the news today and all were very excited. The sermon Matt spoke was very good and it was so nice to be back at my church home again. I could just feel the presence of the Lord in that place and oh do I love Him! :-D You can check out the sermon here (August 9, 2009) - I love how he speaks the truth of God so honestly. You will too. :) Church was followed by our Sunday night dinner with the same crew and to no surprise we went to Rosa's! I don't feel like I have missed anything- just a typical Sunday night!

3 comments:

  1. unfortunately i think toni & guy salons are completely hit-and-miss and totally depend on the actual salon. b/c the one i've gone to for 10 years is fabulous but any time i've tried another one, they suck! so glad you got it fixed but i'm sure you looked beautiful anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so true! I have been going to t&g in Lewisville for 2 years- no problems, and this nightmare happened in houston... oh well. ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG randomly found this post...are there pictures of this?! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers