Monday, August 24, 2009

On The Edge of My Seat!

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
Aristotle



Tonight was the perfect ending to an already good weekend. But I'm not going to go on and spoil all of the fun until I catch you up on yesterday's events. {Which were few and far between but I am still reporting!}
Friday night was an attempt to go to bed "early" but that never really works out that well for me. I am a night owl even when I fight my body to the core on this issue! Anyways... I finally made it to bed around 1am I think. I say all of that because Saturday was a fun filled day starting at 7am! Now, I understand some of you think this is normal but I will go ahead and warn you not to tell me that because I do not like how you think, nor do I think like you! Isn't that the beauty of us all being "different"! ha! So 7 am bright and early, I get ready and leave for our premarital counseling. I had high hopes for the day and was definitely not let down. We had a fun time spending the day together and learning some new things, but really didn't discover anything new about one another so I think that says a lot and also reassures me that we are ready and prepared for this. The day was a little long for Karl because he got really sick Friday night (and still isn't feeling 100% so we covet your prayers) but he was beyond a trooper and stayed more involved than I expected.
So you all know the excitement I have had around my ring right?? And how I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival, to see it for the first time since creation... well I was really hoping that it would come Friday but it didn't show. I had a feeling that it would most likely come on Saturday, which is amazing, BUT I wasn't home all day saturday! So KJ checks the mail when we get home Sat night and sure enough... in the mailbox... was a tan slip of paper saying that I had a package to pick up at the post office. GRRR! I wish I could adequately explain to you my excitement followed by quick disappointment-- we learned in premarital counseling that it is impossible for your brain to have 2 different emotions at the exact same time, but I assure you, if it were possible, this would have been the time it happened! To me they seemed to occur simultaneously. I have been on the edge of my seat all weekend anxiously awaiting a Monday morning more than I ever have in my life, only to make an enjoyable trip to the P.O. ha! Might sound silly but seriously I am SO excited to see it. My sweet aunt who inspected it when it was complete says it is beautiful and I'm sure she wouldn't lie to me ;) (right? ha)!
Yesterday was a long day for the 2 of us, lasting until a little past 5pm (the class that is). We came home and decided that there would be nothing better than relaxing on the couch and watching a movie. We also tried to finish up some more of the marriage details but were both too tired to even slightly function.
Today has been very exciting as well... started out by sleeping in (wahoo!) and then having a nice homemade lunch and heading out to Plano to check out some of the hotels and restaurants for our Marriage night activities! It was a little stressful and didnt feel very productive at the time but looking back it was. We came home, relaxed, de-stressed, and then got ready for church at The Village -- Josh Patterson spoke on 2 Corinthians 5:1-10. Let me just go ahead and put it out there... if you have any intention of listening to this, be VERY prepared to be blown away!! It was good stuff- but then again, it always is! Gotta love me some Jesus, and the truth being spoken by the pastors at this wonderful place!! (check it out by clicking the link and going to sermon archive for 8-22-09) So yea. That was followed by ... drum roll please... Rosa's ... such a shocker, I know. It seems we always go there... its just a wonderful place late at night for a big group. Good ol fellowship with friends... wonderful! As if today couldnt have been a good enough day at that point the FI and I came home and discussed more plans (hotel and dinner mainly) and finally BOOKED a hotel! It happened to be one we looked at and walked around in today. All in all, so happy everything is continuing to come together!! Counting down the days till I am his wife... :-D Giddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers