Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blessed (in more ways than one) !

Okay so first off I really do not want to get in the habit of only writing every two days. but here goes again...
Yesterday was quite a productive day! I think that I have been so excited about getting married and having a new roommate that I woke up yesterday at 9am, and happily jumped out of bed and got to work. If you know me at all... well... yah, thats NOT me ha! So by getting to work I mean I went to my office/junk room/extra bedroom and got to cleaning out the closet that was still full of boxes from when I bought my house over a year ago. Why didn't someone just come over and throw that stuff out for me? Obviously I haven't missed it in the past year so why would I now... anyways, story of my sentimental/pack-rat life! So now that the closet is cleaned out (cheering!) the room is a complete train wreck!! Not only that but so is my hall and everywhere around the room. I guess you have to make a bigger mess before really cleaning up, or at least thats my story and I'm stickin to it! So yea, that room is still a work in progress- My goal is to completely clean out that closet to use to store my out of season clothing, because to be completely honest, I have been really living in my house -- living- to the full extent of the meaning of that word! So where will the soon to be hubby put his things... well thats the issue I am trying to resolve. By 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon I had had enough of that for the day.
Met one of my sweet YL girls for lunch and went shopping after- Garden Ridge occupied me for about an hour and after thinking long and hard about some purchases (mainly new patio furniture) I decided that I would "wait and think about it". That might not seem so productive- but thats huge progress for my impulsive buying habits that I am trying to break- or at least get a better hold on. Welcome to married life right?! ha! So I have to share with you- and vent just a little about this... (and sorry Jen if I sound like I am coping you but this hit me before I even read your blog ha) So its August right? and early August at that... but I walk into G.R. and this is what I am happily greeted with:
Clearly I wasn't the only one baffled by this because the lady that was walking in at the same time as me stopped, starred, looked and me and we both threw our arms up at the same time. Could this really be true!? Im all for planning ahead... but really people? Almost 5 months ahead!? No thank you! I would still like to be laying by the pool without thinking about which colorful Christmas tree I should be purchasing (none this color, thanks!) What are your thoughts on this?
Moving on.. . I met with another one of my wonderful YL girls, and we went to our place. And you wont be able to understand my obsession with "this place"... until you have had it! Its the BEST thing ever... Yogurt Land!! Anyways... here is a sample of my work :)
We had a wonderful time catching up- and I am still shocked that one of my YL babies is going off to COLLEGE this year, wow!
So, yea! That was my day pretty much and of course ended it with about a 3 hour convo on the phone with the fiance ;) ahhh i just love him!!
And all that just to catch you up with yesterday!? So just for your reading pleasure, I wont kill your eyes and Ill keep today short. Its days like today that I don't enjoy posting much on anyways because I'm a little embarrassed... It was a very lazy day! I did meet up with my dear, dear friend Tara. It was a very bittersweet day with her, we had a blast together, as always, BUT she is leaving me to go to Jordan (yes, the middle east- not the guy) for a FULL YEAR! I said my goodbyes, came home and got ready for dinner with another wonderful friend (wow! just writing about all of them reminds me how VERY blessed I am with some of the best friends in the world, and I'm not just saying that!)
Lori and I had a wonderful dinner with some of the best service ever! ha! It seemed like we were both having sorta rough nights but the moment we saw each other it was all better. We caught each other up on life. We talked wedding plans and shes a year up on me (being happily married since last summer) and she gave me some great advice, and just tips on married life in general. I love everything about her. I really believe she is my sister - and still to this day believe that God placed her in my life two years ago and had prepared us for each other. She was going through some of the same issues I was back then, and its neat to see Gods work in her life to prepare me in my ways of life. She had a short engagement, and is happily married to an amazing man! She is now mentoring me through my engagement and marriage. You go Lori! You go God!! So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers