Monday, November 8, 2010

Haircuts stress me out!

I'm not sure why but every time I get my hair cut it stresses me out and I am almost NEVER happy with the outcome immediately after the fact.  I could spend 100 dollars or 20 and I am still NOT satisfied.
So instead of spending my usual 70-100 dollars to be unhappy my husband has convinced me to go the 20 dollar route for haircuts that are minor (trims, etc). So this weekend I was getting desperate- it has been nearly 4 months, my ends were so split that they tangled 5 seconds after brushing so despite my efforts to grow my hair out (that grows sooooo slow) I caved and headed to Great Clips.  A haircut is 15 dollars I think and a shampoo is about 5... or less.  I asked the lady to cut one inch. she said okay and then asked if she could cut 3. (um hello, did I say 3!? So I told her no and said she could take one and a half... she still cut 3 inches off.) I also just asked her to leave my layers alone to which she asked if she could cut them shorter and I reply no- she does it anyways.
Needless to say I left there happy that I had finally cut my hair and only managed to spend 21 dollars (I tipped more than a dollar so I might have inflated their prices a little...).  My hair was still 1/2 wet so I went home and dried it.  I wasn't happy but again I wasn't distressed over spending 100 dollars this time.
BUT
then today I actually did my own hair and I must admit that it looks great! It looks so much healthier and feels so much softer and healthier--  I love it!!
Why do I always stress out when getting a haircut when a couple of days later I always seem to grow into liking it...
Does anyone else out there stress out over haircuts? I hope I'm not alone on this! ha! {Maybe I have issues...lol}

sorry the pic quality isn't that great but you get the idea :)

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! I always leave the hair salon pissed off, mostly because they don't style my hair the way I like it, but once I have my hands on my curlers it goes back to looking the same as it has since you met me. :) Except one haircut where she really did butcher it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair does look great! I was blessed with an amazing stylist who only charged me ten dollars for a wash, cut, and style. She isn't doing hair as much anymore though! I'm always stressed out though just because I'm afraid of how it is going to turn out!
    I've missed so much of you lovely bloggers' posts lately! Your bedroom looks beautiful, and that was super sweet of your hubby! I hope you've been doing wonderful!!

    Lots of Smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers