Friday, September 25, 2009

such a TREAT!

Check this out, I have a very very sweet husband who decided to treat me last night by cooking me a delicious dinner and a very tasty dessert! We had brisket that was cooked slowly while marinated with a bottle of liquid smoke. The smell was irresistible and I was on the edge of my seat all night to get a bite, so much so that I would have rather been outside. The smell however was NOT deceiving! He also cooked a wonderful bean medley and fixed his moms "Good dessert" which is to-die-for!
Yes, I have the fun halloween placemats thanks to my sweet aunt who makes sure I have plenty of decorations for the "holidays" - I absolutely love them all! :) So cute!
Anyways, we had such an enjoyable dinner last night and a good day together. Finally one day off for him!
Yesterday k and I just relaxed... yest. afternoon I picked up my neighbors kids from the bus stop because they have a 4 month old baby who had open heart surgery today. K and the boys played soccer for a long time and had a blast. I also took the kids to school today and picked them up again. I feel like I have been "playing mom" and I'm not going to lie, I love it!! :) As far as I have heard their baby is doing good and the surgery went well. He had a hole in his heart from something genetic but when they went in for surgery found 2 - they fixed both of them and he will be in neonatal ICU until probably wednesday. Please pray for baby J.
Still no word on my job. I am continually being tested. Deuteronomy (which by the way is a very difficult word to spell haha) says that "The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul." Pray for patience for me, and TRUST in the Lords will for my life. It is sometimes very frustrating and easy for me to get upset feeling bad for myself or getting caught up wondering why it is that I can not find a job. The devil is quick to creep into my mind to tells me I'm not good enough and that I lack worth. Pray for this to cease and for me to know (and constantly be reminded and to remember) that God's plans for my life are so great and that my worth is not found in a job, but rather in my savior, who loves both you and I very much, Jesus Christ!!!

I must merely "wait on the Lord."

"but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers