Monday, September 21, 2009

The Weekend of Festivals!

Wheph, this weekend really flew by and was definitely fun-FILLED!
Friday night K and I had planned on going to see "Love Happens" but that didn't exactly work out. I had made dinner so that when he got off work we could eat around 8 then go to the movies... Well 8:45pm rolls around and I start to worry. Finally I get ahold of him and find out that he is getting off work late, and later, that his car won't start. I gladly picked him up and we came home and enjoyed a (late) dinner together. He figured we would be car shopping shortly and that this time it was his motor- shot. We attempted (and did a pretty good job I think) to put that on the back burner for the time being in order to enjoy our weekend together, and his ONE day off since... forever. We end up relaxing for the night which was totally enjoyable and then sent him off to work on Saturday. I am so thankful that he has a job, I just selfishly wish he had better hours so that I could see him more. (Prayers for a solution are much appreciated- I do not enjoy him not getting home until 11pm or midnight and neither does he!)
Saturday night when he got home from work the two of us headed out to Oktoberfest (a German-fest) in Addison. There was live German music, dancing and lots of great food. We also happened to run into some of my great IBM friends!
(All the girls!!)


Sunday was great as well. We got up early to meet a friend for church at the 11am but he ended up calling saying he couldn't make it so we decided to head out to Grapevine for Grapefest, a wine festival! We did a little shopping and walking around and even went to a winery. Neither of us are really wine-fanatics but we somehow managed to find two very delightful wines, both made here in Texas. They are both semi-sweet and served chilled for a warm day or after warm food but one is red and the other white. They are of the Homestead Winery in Ivanhoe, TX- the red is "Rose of Ivanhoe" and the white is "Sweet Home Ivanhoe". Believe me- if you like sweet wines you will fall in love with these- esp the red wine. We browsed a few more stands before leaving and found a beautiful wooden cross to hang in our house. I had been looking for something to hang over our fireplace but had not found the right thing and I just knew this was "it". After bringing it home to put up, we learned that it was maybe two inches too tall to fit there. We are now looking for a place to hang it in the house- I will post pictures at some point- it really is a nice work of art. Grapefest was a total hit- we saw lots of neat paintings, arts and crafts, watched a grape smashing contest where people stomped the grapes in barrels, saw a working blacksmith, and much much more. K & I really have come to appreciate any time we have together with him working so much lately. We headed home for a quick bite to eat and shower before going to church at 7pm. Church was fun but almost the MOST empty I have ever seen it. As K said to one of the men helping on the parking crew... "I guess most people love the Cowboys more than God today" ha! He was kidding but hopefully they had just all gone to different services :).
This morning was quite productive as well- esp for the two of us who usually sleep in now due to K's late night shifts. We rose around 9am and got to work. Took my car to get it inspected, Called AAA to have them tow the Jeep, met them at the location and led them to the car shop, came home, applied for more jobs, ate lunch, went to find out what this new construction was behind our neighborhood (hoping it was an early childhood center) and came back home so he could get ready for work.
Ends up the new (now finished) construction is a ... drum roll please... early childhood school!! I immediately got verrry excited because this place is brand new and literally about 500 feet away from the back entrance to our neighborhood. I quickly came home and got on their website and sent in my contact information to apply for a job. I am praying that maybe, just maybe, this is the reason that God has not allowed any of my other job opportunities to work out, so that I can work at this brand new school right by our house! Over the last couple of weeks I have started applying for various jobs- mainly sales, because I am starting to get desperate and that is the field of my professional experience. I still would much rather work with infants or toddlers or kiddos of any age for that matter but as the school year is getting underway I am, rather I have, lost almost all hope of that. This new school was a little flicker of hope in what was a seeming black tunnel. Please be praying for that as well as another job that I feel would be great at ERAC- it is a manager training position. I am also patiently waiting to hear back from another place about a project management job- be praying for all of these opportunities and that God would open the door best fitted for his plan in my life and that in the mean time he would fill my heart with peace, patience and security that He WILL PROVIDE! I have started having bad dreams about not having a job and have not really been getting any good sleep. Please pray for that also.
One HUGE answer to prayer this week (sorry I didn't mention it earlier when I was blogging about it) is that the Jeep was only a minor ($200 fix) rather than a $2,000 dollar fix that we had planned on- or buying a new car.... God was really watching out for us and we could not be more grateful!
The night is seemingly winding down and I am anxiously awaiting my husbands arrival. I am starting to feel a little sick so lets hope that its not going to be serious and that I can get over it quick!
<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers