Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mr. and Mrs.!!






I wish that I could adequately express to all of you how much fun this weekend was. and a 5 day weekend at that- Thursday through Monday full of nothing but pure bliss and fun with my family and HUSBAND! :) We are soooo very blessed to have all of you in our lives. Each one of you are so very special to us. I thank God SO MUCH that He has blessed us with you! Thank you for wanting to be a part of our big day. Wow, I'm amazed by how blessed we are!
I hope that all of you are ready for some pictures because there are some highlights that need to be made from this wonderful weekend!
Started out Thursday around noon K's grandma and mom came in town and the four of us went out to eat before K had to go to work ... you will never guess where we decided to feast... Chick-fil-A!! Niiice ha! K then left from there to go to work and the ladies and I came back to the house where they set up a beautiful table and iced a gorgeous cake for us!! Everything was so beautiful and just made the whole event complete! Here is a picture of the final decorations on the table: (They also had 2 toasting flutes and bottles of wine from Arkansas that were dressed up as bride and groom)

(See the bottles on the left? So cute!)
They soon took off for a relaxing evening at their hotel and shortly after that Sonja, Charlie and Donna flew in from the other side of the country. I met them at BJ's for our "Rehearsal Dinner" ha! Check out that picture:
They then came back to the house for a little while and hung out with me as my last night as a Miss!! KJ finally got off work and got to hang out for a lil bit also, then they headed to their hotel. A few hours later my sister Eliz & her bf, Jay, got here and a couple hours after them Mom, Pat, my baby sis, and my grandma! We had people coming in all night- it was so much fun! Mom, Pat & my baby sis Aud got my room, Cissie (my gma) got a guest room, Bubs (Elizabeth) and I shared a room and the men K & Jay got the living room. We had a full house and I got used to that this weekend, it really was a BLAST!!
Friday morning I woke up kinda early even thought I didn't want to really but that's okay, I got to talk to one of my best friends that morning :). Eliz and I went and got pedi's while KJ was with his fam, Jay and Pat were running errands for us, getting drinks and such lined up for the "reception" and doing random things I needed- man they were great! Mom and Cissie and Audrey prepared my house and Donna & Sonja ran errands (that I didn't know they were doing at the time- sneaky little things!) and fixed me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers! and a garter as well as my "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue and a penny for my shoe!" I was so glad they did all of that! It made the pics gorgeous!



Finally around 3:40pm we all headed up to the courthouse and was met by my great friend Janna who took lots of AMAZING pictures and even video taped the ceremony for us! (Such a God-send!) K and I handed over our marriage license to the judge and made a slight change of plans- we had planned on getting married outside on the lawn by the courthouse but ended up doing it in the courtroom because the judge suggested that outdoors may have been too noisy. The ceremony was beautiful and went on without any complications and he finally got to kiss his bride!
We then took some pictures outside the courthouse and then took the party to Green House in Denton for a nice dinner! We enjoyed the fellowship of each other!


When our tummies were filled we moved the party back to our house for the reception. We got to cut our cake, drink champagne and open some cards and gifts from our family and friends and even tossed the garter and bouquet! It was such a joyous occasion!!



Some little sneakers got my car out of the garage and totally mutilated it :) I loooved it!
K & I made our quick escape in this mess and took off to our hiding place for the night! We stayed in a really nice hotel in Plano, TX called NYLO Hotel.
Saturday morning we took it easy, hung out at the hotel, had breakfast there, and met everyone for lunch around 2pm at Denton County Burger off the square- I hiiiighly recommend it to everyone! It is a great burger! We hung out and some of the family started to trickle away. Those that stayed around came back to my house and my cousins who came in Friday afternoon went with my dad and bought me 2 trees and all the men planted them in our backyard! That was part of their wedding gift to me! They look wonderful and really dress up the backyard!

(By the way, I think the Poop Seed trees are dead... but I dont wanna talk about it :( ha!)

While the men were planing the trees the women went shopping- Cissie bought me some new patio furniture! For dinner we ordered Chick-fil-A party trays and vegged watching movies and playing games and cards. I think everyone had a great time, I know that I did. As the night got moved along K and I took our escape again and spent the night out.
Sunday morning everyone that was around went to church together at The Village where K and I go to church and where I have been going for 2 years. We went as a group to McAllisters for lunch and then took a ride down the road for some Yogurtland! WAHOO!!! It was soooo good! ha! I had to send off my clan from the east coast so they could catch their flight and the rest of us went back to our house. K & Pat put the patio furniture together- It is reallly nice- a table and 6 chairs! They did a wonderful job! Pics to come soon, I do not think I took a picture of that yet.
Monday was a very chill day, laying around enjoying the company of the last little bit of family that was still around. They left later in the afternoon and I was swept by a great sadness when we no longer had a "full house." K was so good to me and cheered me up and we went and got our free Chick-fil-A sandwiches for Labor Day. (I think so far I have eaten CFA 3 times in this blog post so far, and I'm not done yet.) ha! We came home and started tackling some Thank You cards. We spent part of the night making our personalized Return Address labels that now have my new last name on there. WOW! Its so crazy to see that in print! :) I love it though!
So today, for most, was back to the grind. K had to go to work, all the family was gone, and here I am left with an empty house. I am so blessed to have an amazing friend who came over for the day and we caught up on the events of the weekend and life. I <3>
So here I am still trying to take in all of the events of this weekend! As K and I were sitting around after everyone left yesterday I was blown away by how LOVED and BLESSED I felt this weekend. We talked about how much everyone contributed to us and how incredibly blessed we are to have people like YOU in our lives. Seriously, it brought tears to my eyes just thinking of all the little things that you all did to make our day special. And the fact that EVERY single person that came had to travel LONG and FAR distances! It means so much to us that you all would want to be a part of our big day/ weekend! I can not tell you how much we appreciate all the prayers that you all constantly lay over us. I am overcome with joy, pure joy, it is the best feeling in the world. I hope you all know how much WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on marriage! Let the ride begin.

    By the way, Denton gives away trees as part of some keeping Denton green program....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a fun wedding weekend! Can't wait to come try out that patio furniture. I'm not sure how many times I've said or written it so far, but I'm just so happy for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!!!!! Congratulations (a tad late) I was reading through your labels...Where is Denton County Burger? I live in Denton County but I never really go into Denton but for a good burger I would :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers