Friday, October 16, 2009

I Wanna Be Like YOOOOU!!!


"just danced around the living room with his wife...to music from Disney's Jungle Book...thank God I found her, I'm sure any other wife would think I'm retarded..."Oh, oobee doo, I wanna be like you, I wanna walk like you, Talk like you, toooooooooooooooooooo!!!" --K.J.'s (my hubby) status on facebook tonight


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur3uk0OiyuA

(please click on this link and have it playing in the background while you read this post hehe)

Well that is the perfect start to this post. Trust me... this was the highlight of my night, my week and most likely our marriage this far (okay that might be a stretch but still it was great, you get the idea.)
K was off work today, YIPPEE! and we spent it doing a lot and a lot of nothing. We slept in - wonderful- and then started our day. We mailed a package to Karls grandma with a bottle of wine in it. The mail guy made sure we were not sending cologne because apparently that is not allowed... interesting... of course we asked why. dumb reasons but apparently it is flammable and the airplanes do not allow it. (this bothers me... why am I allowed to travel with it but my package can not?... just wondering...) Learned something new today anyways... cool. ha!
Okay, welcome to the great state of Texas where the weather was 64 degrees and sunnnny and breezy... pure BLISS! we had the time so we drove. just straight up drove and drove... ... ... and ... ... ... drove. Loved it! Windows down sun up breeze in the hair... thank you Jesus, it was wonderful.
We decided that we needed to fuel our engines (not the car, our tummies) so we stopped at Pei Wei and I enjoyed a nice Spicy Chicken Salad- go try it. Perfect combo of sweet and spicy! We then made a trip to Barnes and Noble where we purchased a few books -- one called "Letters from a Skeptic" by Dr. Gregory Boyd and Edward Boyd, and "The One Year's Devotions for Couples" by David and Teresa Ferguson. I will keep you update on these new reads as we go. I skimmed todays devo and so far it looks like a great devotional for those of you out there who are married and looking for something to strengthen the spiritual side of your marriage. I'm real excited about this- it is something that I have wanted us to do for some time now... can't wait to start that tonight in a few mins.
My parents go to a church in Sugar Land, TX named Holy Cross Episcopal Church. This is a wonderful God-fearing, God-serving church. Father Scott has been doing a series on Marriage that he started last weekend when we were in town. Convenient. :) So since we aren't able to travel such a great distance every weekend (even though we would love to...) we podcasted the sermon online -- you can check it out to by clicking on the link here. Today was entitled "Marriage: Real Love" -- it comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ... by me! You can download it to your ipod and even listen to it on your way to work or on your daily run. It isn't long and it is definitely rewarding.
By the time the sermon was over my tummy was definitely rumbling for some food. K cooked for me and ordered from Papa John's pizza ha! One of the best meals ever haha!
The other night K and I purchased a couple of movies from Wally World... classics... tonight he picked the WONDERFUL Jungle Book. The movie was good, as usual, the company was great, as you should come to expect, and ... well... the music during the menu was THE BEST hahah! We danced around the middle of the living room singing and having a grand ol time. GRRRAND!!!! We have sooo much fun together, even if we do act like we are 10 years old. I hope we still do things like this when we are 100! and honestly, I have no doubts in my mind that that will be a reality. (Even if we are in our wheelchairs! ha!)

So until next time...

Oh, oobee doo, I wanna be like you, I wanna walk like you, Talk like you, toooooooooooooooooooo!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers