Thursday, October 22, 2009

more recipes mmm!

Last night K and I had a wonderful dinner together and I thought I would share with you! If you like Pork Tenderloin then you will love this. And as if things couldnt get better I decided to top the dinner off with a made-from-scratch Peach Cobbler. AMAZING! :)

Pork Tenderloin in Bourbon:
can be found online at :

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup bourbon
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 cloves garlic, halved
  • 3 pounds pork tenderloin

DIRECTIONS

  1. Mix together soy sauce, bourbon, brown sugar, and garlic. Pour over pork, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
  2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Remove pork from marinade, and place on rack of shallow roasting pan.
  3. Bake for 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F/71 degrees C.
I then took the left over marinade and boiled it until it became a thicker consistency and then poured that over the top of the meat. I served the meat with baked beans, and rolls, Yum-Yum Good!

Now for the fun part! ...

Homemade Peach Cobbler!
Now, I dont know about you, but when I hear homemade I think of lots of ingredients and lots of trouble. But, let me assure you this recipe is not anything like that! It was super easy and let me just tell you... it tastes wonderrrrful! I chose to use fresh peaches (and yes, that part was a pain in the butt but well worth it in my opinion ha!) I had to cut 5 peaches and peel them... no fun but my sweet hubby kept coming in the kitchen and taking pictures telling me I needed them "for your blog" :) he is so sweet!

Okay so are you ready for this!? once again this amazing recipe comes from SouthernPlate.com and to them I give ALL credit!
Check it out by clicking here! or check out the recipe below (taken from the wonderful Southern Plate Blog)

Peach Cobbler

4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 cup s/r flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter or margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt stick of butter in oven proo f casserole dish in oven while making pie ingredients.

Pour the two T. lemon juice over the peaches. Stir to coat. Pour 1/2 cup sugar over peaches. Stir. Heat in microwave for 1 minute so that sugar begins to melt.

Mix together 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon until blended. Pour in 1 cup milk and mix until blended.

After butter is melted, take casserole out of oven and pour batter on top of melted butter. Pour peaches on top of batter. DO NOT STIR! Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over pie. Place in 350 oven and cook for 55 minutes or until golden.

If you don’t have fresh peaches or just want an easier way to do this, substitute the following for the fresh peaches:

Easy Day Cobbler
1 29 0z. can sliced peaches in syrup
1 T. lemon juice
This can be substituted for fresh peaches. You will not need to add the 1/2 cup sugar to peaches.

Also, here are a few of my pictures that the hubby took while I was in the kitchen.

fresh peaches! cutting and peeling (not fun ha)
the peaches with some sugar mmm!
mixing up the dough :)

1 comment:

  1. Did I tell you about Southern Plate or did you already know? I love Christy, I use her recipes all the time!
    What a great wife you are making fancy meals like that for sweet Karl!
    Miss you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers