Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Day in the Life: 9 months (Special Moments Edition)

July 16th ,2012 (the day before your 9 month birthday!)
Originally I was going to title this post "Ordinary Day with a Super Special Ending" because it was just that!  Really this was just a day-in-the-life thought because we are always making great memories! I just love the special moments that Raleigh Grace and I share everyday and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! 


Today started out just like any ordinary day. RG woke up once last night around 4:30am and I nursed her and she went right back to sleep. She woke up again around 6:30 and did the same. Finally around 10am she woke up for the day (this was later than normal but I'm not complaining- she's been staying up late because of our fun filled weekend.) She woke up and like some mornings I rescued her from her crib and brought her back to mommy and daddy's bed to nurse and enjoy some morning snuggles! After we snuggled some we made our way to her room and got her dressed then she made way to her bookshelf where she quietly began reading pulled her books off of the shelf (her usual morning routine). She then found a box of mommy's new shoes and had fun getting into them ripping the tissue paper to shreds. :)

such an innocent look right!? 
proof she did it! ha She had little pieces of tissue paper stuck on her toes and she was trying to pick it off.
Pretty soon after she started to get a little fussy so back down for a nap she went- after nursing. (We still nurse as part of her "routine" for calming down and going to bed though now she usually doesn't stay asleep if she does end up falling asleep. She almost always wakes as I put her to her crib and goes to sleep on her own. ) Raleigh Graces nap today was shorter than normal- she slept from about 12:00- 1:00pm but usually she will sleep for closer to two hours. As she woke up from her nap she was her usual smiley self and I held her and cuddled her as we talked and looked at ourselves in the mirror- I really love watching her wake up and she loves looking at herself in the mirror so a lot of times after getting up in the morning and after naps we will go to her closet doors that are full length mirrors and talk to each other in the mirrors. :)
As I began getting her food ready for lunch I heard daddy getting home from work early! We were so excited and Raleigh Grace greeted him at the door with lots of smiles like usual.
They played and K fed her lunch while I ran some errands. I got dinner ready and we ate an early dinner around 4:00pm. Raleigh Grace participated by eating potato salad and puffs while we were eating. She started to get tired so she went down for a nap from
About 4-5:30. There was a spectacular thunder storm moving through and I just relaxed while Daddy napped too.
When she woke up we all played and she was in such a great mood! After eating some dinner I decided that we would try and Skype my mom. We skyped with my mom for an hour or two- she watched RG crawling after puffs, walking around coffee table, crawling more, and RG jumped and jumped in her jumperoo a lot for gma and screamed/squealed a lot too. We were having so much fun with gma that we decided we would let her "bathe RG." Raleigh Grace took a bath and gma watched. She splashed, read her Cute and Cuddly book, played with her squirt toys and chewed on the foam letters and numbers.
After her bath, we put her pj's on and got ready for bed. I read some books while gma watched and then Daddy came in to play a little bit. He got RG laughing SOO much. I think she got a little overly excited and ended up spitting up a little bit so we had an outfit change. We told gma goodnight and tried to wave bye-bye to her.
I had mentioned that I thought it was about time to lower the crib so daddy didn't waste anytime - Daddy lowered crib right then.

As I was putting you down you cried for a while which hasn't been your habit lately so I went back in and picked you up and nursed you a little but more but I quickly noticed you were just too tired because you kept fussing so I picked you up and gave you your passy and I swung you back and forth on my arms. You had your eyes closed and I kept kissing your hands. I started to rub your little back and when I did, your arm that was tucked under you closest to my side started rubbing up an down on my side just as I was rubbing your back. Your hand against my skin rubbing me made me heart melt and tears filled my eyes. I soaked in that moment for the few seconds it happened and then several more minutes of swaying with you kissing your hands and forehead. It was one of those moments that melted my heart and made me so thankful to have you as my daughter and to be so blessed to be your mommy. I laid you down in your crib and you were fast asleep. That moment, I will never in all of my life forget. I love you baby girl, forever and ever!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! It is those sweet, innocent moments that we cherish the most. You are both very lucky to have each other. :) That expression in the first picture is hilarious by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love when EC does that! And I cry (good tears) sometimes when I'm nursing her at night too! I just still can't believe I've been blessed with her!

    And our days sound a lot alike! We love skyping my mom (Grammy) and letting her participate in bath time too!!!

    I loved reading about your day (finally!) I've been meaning to read this for a few days now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers