Monday, July 16, 2012

Easy Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken




I love nothing more than an easy meal where I already have most of the ingredients... I found a recipe and tweaked it to my liking- I thought it turned out pretty good- K said it tasted like Orange Chicken from the Chinese restaurants. 
 Here goes:

 What you will need:
4 Chicken Breasts
4 Tablespoons of brown sugar
3 Teaspoons of oil
4 Garlic cloves- minced
1 teaspoon of butter
Lime juice (I used juice from about a quarter of a lime)
Worschestershire sauce (a dash or two)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

In a small pan sauté the garlic in the oil until the garlic becomes tenter

Remove from heat and stir in butter, brown sugar, lime juice and Worchestershire sauce (remove from pan and set aside)

I used frozen chicken breasts so I seared the breasts in a nonstick pan on medium heat (flipping them occasionally so they didn't burn).

Line a baking dish with foil and spay with olive oil

After chicken is seared put them in the baking dish and cover breasts with brown sugar mixture


Bake on 450 for 20-25 minutes and ENJOY!! :) (the sauce will thicken upon cooling but you can add a little flour to it if you want to make it thicker for gravy) 

I served it with mashed potatoes and toast :)





1 comment:

  1. That sounds SO YUMMY! When I get back into the swing of cooking more than cold pasta salads I am so trying this! I swear all I make lately are salads, sandwiches, and pasta salads!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers