Monday, July 30, 2012

Book Review: The Vow



I love reading a good book, and its even more special to me now that I have less time to read with a baby at home.  I love that the movies have been coming out with lots of great movies based on books and if you are anything like me you want to read the book before you see the movie...  I put off seeing this film when it came out just so I could read it first! 

The Vow is a book (and movie) based on the true story of Kim and Krickitt Carpenter, a special couple, who encounter a terrible car wreck early in their marriage.  The book gives lots (and I mean LOTS) of credit to God, and how he was able to save them and their marriage.   I love when things are in the public media that are focused on God and faith in God.  
I don't want to give away too much of this book but it was GREAT.  The Vow was a very quick read for me- super easy to follow and very heart warming as well.  It made me examine my own life, marriage and what is important to me.  
The beginning chapters spend lots of time setting up the accident and what happens after the accident.  The only thing that I would have changed about this book is the ending- I wish that there would have been more details and more time describing the "ending" (hello! I can't tell you! :) just in case you haven't read it! ha.)  Warning- have some tissue in hand while reading... there are some tear-jerkers for sure!  
Overall, I give The Vow 4 1/2 stars!
I loved this book and look forward to seeing the movie soon! 

Have you read The Vow? What did you think? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers