Thursday, August 2, 2012

Torn Over Controversy

If you are a part of any social media networking site you know of all the controversy going on... you name it, its happening....




just a few in case you missed out: 
-It's an election year- it seems as if the opponent bashing gets worse and worse every year.
-Tim Tebo- criticized for standing up for his faith. We teach kids to always stand up for what they believe in and this is a GREAT example of a young man in the PUBLIC eye who is doing just that, STANDING UP FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES IN, and what does the media do? They make fun of him, mock him and put him down for it.  I absolutely am disgusted.  
-and now Chick-fil-a... again just stating ones personal views and getting absolutely bashed for it.  Then... to make things better, when people decide to "stand firm in their faith" - as the Bible has instructed us to do, we get mocked and criticized too. 

I know that not everyone is going to be on the same page as me here but I feel it is only fair that as a Christian I stand up for what I believe in.  I am not trying to force my beliefs on anyone else or even judge them for having different views on such things.  I try my very hardest to extend love even in times of disagreements and will be the first to admit I am not perfect.  I find it hard to believe that some people who disagree with my stance can not merely agree to disagree in love but they delete me as a friend.  
I guess the point of this post is that I am just frustrated.  My heart aches and I waned to share that... share that I am praying for our nation and its people.... one of my friends posted this verse and I thought it was more than fitting.

“To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in You I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in You will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.

Show me Your Ways, O Lord, teach me Your Paths; guide me in Your Truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O Lord, Your Great Mercy and Love, for They are from of old. Remember Not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to Your Love remember me, for You Are Good, O Lord.

Good and Upright Is The Lord; therefore He instructs sinners in His Ways. He guides the humble in What Is Right and teaches them His Way. All The Ways of The Lord are Loving and Faithful for those who keep The Demands of His Covenant. For the sake of Your Name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. Who, then, is the man that fears The Lord? He Will instruc

t him in The Way chosen for him. He Will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants Will inherit The Land. The Lord confides in those who fear Him; He Makes His Covenant Known to them. My eyes are ever on The Lord, for Only He Will release my feet from the snare.

Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish. Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away All my sins. See how my enemies have increased and how fiercely they hate me! Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in You. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my Hope Is In You.

Redeem Israel, O God, from all their troubles!”

Psalm 25

3 comments:

  1. oh I couldn't agree more - in fact I just wrote an epic novel of a comment then accidentally deleted it, but I'll just stick with I agree with you and hope this can go away and we all respect each other's opinions & beliefs in this country founded on freedom of religion (among many things)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in complete love with this post! I couldn't agree more. It infuriates me that everyone else is allowed to speak out about what THEY believe in and they are allowed to stand up and fight for what they think is right BUT as soon as a CHRISTIAN does it? It's hate. It's wrong. We're bigots. We're ignorant.

    Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way and also wrote a post this week on my feelings about this whole situation. It is really gotten out of control with so much arguing back and forth and no one really listening. Thank you for these words of hope and encouragement! You are welcome to read my post: http://eddieandsherryreese.blogspot.com/2012/08/talkative-thursday-1-faith.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers