Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tasty Treat Thursday w.2

Welcome to Tasty Treat Thursday!! 

If this is your first time visiting, Mallorie and I are happy to have you ... if you joined us last week then we are glad you are back!
Feel free to post a favorite recipe (new or old) and grab the button and link up with us!

This week I am posting one of my Freezer Meals that I posted about a couple of weeks ago.  I cooked it for the first time last night and we LOVED it!!! Let me tell you- this dish was delicious... (Maybe even my new favorite go-to meal)! 

Cilantro/Lime Chicken (with black beans and corn)

 (the following makes two freezer meals- aka 2 ziplocks)

6 chicken breasts (or 12 chicken tenders)
3 Tbs olive oil
2 limes, juiced
2 cups cilantro
1 large bag of frozen corn (or two smaller bags)
4 minced garlic cloves
1 finely chopped red onion
2 cans of black beans, rinsed
2 tsp cumin or chipotle powder
salt/pepper to taste
 

split between two bags, seal, mix, lay flat, freeze



Directions for bags: 
cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours, serve with hot tortillas or tostitos. Dress with sour cream, guacamole, and/or cheese

*about 3o minutes before it was done I squeezed in 1/2 a lime and then threw the lime in too*
*I topped the chicken with mexican blend cheese and squeezed some lime over it then put a dollop of sour cream on top! (I love lime- can you tell?)




Now, grab the button and link up with us!! :) 


Living the Adventures

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I pinned that recipe to make but didn't get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make that once I cook up my bag of black beans! I'm glad I got to participate this week too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers