Friday, February 3, 2012

It's what's for dinner!

I feel like I have been slacking in the title as "SAHM" lately... yes, my baby girl is TOTALLY getting ALL of my love and attention and I think that is what's most important these first few months... time is already flying so quickly and I couldn't be happier that I am able to spend my days and nights with her! (Can you tell?)

I have been talking to K about how I really want to start cooking more (read: cooking.at.all.).  I set what I thought would be a realistic goal of cooking THREE meals this week.  (We usually have a Tuesday night dinner with our family as well as a Thursday night dinner so 3 was the magic number.)  I also truly believe that having 100% of what you need to cook on-hand totally makes cooking more feasible, and in order to ensure I had all I needed, I needed a menu. 
 Usually, I try to "just come up with something" ... and well that never really works because I'm afraid its going to be something K doesn't want, and then by the time we do decide- we are both too hungry and its just easier to go out to eat.  
So what did I do? I thought of a few things that I would like to cook, wrote them down and had K pick three he wanted for the week (that way I know its something he might actually want to eat ha).  After he did that we went to the store and purchased the "goods".  The remaining dinners will be used at a later date. 

This may seem totally dumbed down to some of you but seriously this is what I needed to make it happen... don't make fun of my super easy meals, they were delish and like they say, you have to start somewhere :) !!

I am proud to announce that I totally ROCKED OUT this goal and not only cooked Monday, Tuesday (we skipped dinner with the fam bc K didn't get off work till 8pm) AND Wednesday but I also did about 8 loads of laundry and KEPT the house clean... I mean, I was totally feeling accomplished this week and honestly, felt better about myself, my life, and my family.  It's amazing what a clean house can do for your soul! 

So her are the meals I cooked:
(stay tuned for recipes coming soon!)

Monday: 
Tacos (surely you know how to make tacos...right?)

Tuesday: 
Crock-pot Chicken and Dumplings Pot-Pie 
(Got this from my amazing friend Amy who made this for K and I while visiting her sweet family in FL- hi Amy!)
I say dumplings pot pie because well it wasn't really dumplings.  Its sorta a mix between dumplings and pot-pie. See I kinda make sense sometimes hah!


Wednesday: 
Meat Loaf, Au Gratin Potatoes and Biscuits


MMM MMM GOOD! 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't learn how to 'cook' until I started staying home with my daughter :) I heart Pinterest because I can plan out a meal and pin the recipes for easy access!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers