Monday, June 6, 2011

22 Weeks, 5 Months!!!

22 Weeks!
5 Months!!
May 30-June 5

(blogger is being dumb and won't let me upload any pics :( ... I will try again later I guess)

Baby's now the size of a papaya!
Baby's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.



Here is what we have been up to this week:

Weight Gain:not sure, probably still around 6 lbs... maybe a tad more...

Maternity Clothes : yes yes!

Sleep: sleeping great

Best Moment of this week: being 5 months along, obviously that's a huge accomplishment ;) 
and making it through my first year of teaching! We had a class party the next to last day of school and my kiddos threw me a baby shower! they were so cute ooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over every. single. thing. that I opened.  it was too cute! :) i got some super cute things for our girl!
Now, hello first week of summer!!

Movement: noticing movement everyday.  still not super strong but i think it is starting to be stronger... at one point a couple of mornings ago I think I even saw my tummy twitch when she kicked :) makes me so happy!!  
 
Food cravings:  still enjoying cereal. I never eat cereal.  Its not that I don't like it-- its just not my go-to food.  I also made chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies which I have been really enjoying ha!

What I miss: being able to breath without running out of breath
 
Symptoms: my nose is SO stuffy! not stopped up just stuffy enough where I feel like I am having breathing problems.  It has also been really hot here (upwards of 100) so that might have something to do with it too but I am constantly feeling out of breath from walking 5 steps... its super annoying!

Gender: pretty little girl! <3

What I'm looking forward to: I have another doc apt here on Wednesday just to check-up on the girl... and of course our vacation to the beach next week... and maybe getting one more chance to see our girl in 3D!
 Baby bump: 
again, can't upload pics :(




___________________________________________________
The Baby in Week 22: 
This week, your baby weighs in at a whopping pound and measures nearly eight inches, about the size of a small doll. But your little doll (who now has eyebrows, eyelashes, and maybe even some hair on that little head) is a living one who can now perceive light and dark. She can also hear your voice, your heartbeat, your gurgling stomach, and the whoosh-whoosh of blood circulating through your body. And as her brain and nerve endings develop, she may reach for her face (or whatever she can reach) just to experiment with her newfound sense of touch.

Your Body in Week 22:
As if an ever-expanding belly wasn't enough — now your feet are getting in on the act! (not yet for me... hopefully they won't grow- I already wear a size 10!! :-/) That's because the pregnancy hormone relaxin, which loosens your pelvic ligaments when you're expecting, loosens every other ligament too — including the ones in your tootsies. In turn, the bones beneath those ligaments spread slightly, which results, for many women, in a half or whole shoe-size increase. So if you haven't already stashed away your stilettos, now's the time to bid them farewell — at least for a while. Besides, you need sensible shoes to help you balance that big belly and your changing center of gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers