Wednesday, June 15, 2011

23 Weeks!

How far along? 23Weeks!  17 weeks to go!
(June6- June 12)

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a mango... babycenter.com still does weekly fruit/veggie updates 
Baby is weighing in at over 1 lb. and almost a foot long - crazy!! Baby's skin is starting to look less translucent and more red from all the developing blood vessels. All the sites are warning me that swelling may be happening soon. I haven't noticed anything yet...

Here is what we have been up to this week:

Weight Gain: well i went back to the doc and I had lost 2 lbs so I guess my total weight gain is right around 4lbs... She was not worried a bit though and assured me that I was not starving out baby ha!

Maternity Clothes : yes! love me some stretchy clothes!

Sleep: well this week was a little stressful with the move and all so I blame that for me not sleeping 100% perfect

Best Moment of this week: getting to see the little girl again :) she even gave us the peace sign in one of our pics ;) 
getting the dad-gum move behind us... what a mess!

Movement: noticing movement everyday.  She is a mover and a shaker :)
 
Food cravings:  I'm still enjoying cereal... trying to keep downing my H2O

What I miss: being able to breath without running out of breath... walking more than 10 steps without being worn out... and I know this is only the beginning...
 
Symptoms: shortness of breath/ getting tired just from walking-- the doc said this was more than normal and not to worry! Getting up from sitting/ laying is becoming a much more difficult task. 

Gender: pretty little girl! <3

What I'm looking forward to: being 6 months in just a week!! Holy guacamole! Where has time gone? Unpacking... getting the nursery going... that kind of stuff... 
 Baby bump: 
didn't take one right on time but here is one from 23 weeks 2 days. We went and watched my brother and uncle fish on the pier... please forgive the fact that I look like I got hit by a train... hahah we are at the beach :) 



___________________________________________________
The Baby in Week 23: 
Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent.

Your Body in Week 23:
If you're suddenly sporting a dark line down the middle of your tummy, say hello to the linea nigra. That line has actually always been there, but you probably never noticed it until pregnancy hormones caused hyperpigmentation (the same phenomenon that may have darkened your areolas and the area around your forehead and cheeks). Other (less than delightful) skin changes on your body in the sixth month may include red palms and soles, bluish blotchy legs, heat rash, and skin tags. Oh, and don’t forget that itchy belly (keep slathering on those creams!).

2 comments:

  1. Awww! :-) You look so cute!!!! I hope the move went well!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! Be sure to head over to my blog today; you don't want to miss it. Hint hint. www.jandshoughton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers