Friday, January 20, 2012

Homemade Applesauce!!

This morning I got up and fed Miss RG... after putting her down for her nap and feeling EXTRA motivated by none other than Mallorie @ Happy Home... I made my way to the kitchen.  Mallorie had posted a recipe awhile back on how to make Homemade Applesauce and I always thought it looked so easy and DELICIOUS so today when I saw her post a picture on facebook that she was making it, I thought YES! I had several apples already and I thought what a better way to use them.  I did not peel my apples (oops) so we will see how it turns out otherwise... you can find her recipe {here}.  Hope y'all have a good weekend! Mine is starting great with a beautiful girl playing and a yummy smell filling my house! 


Ingredients:
8-10 Apples
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I actually used less)
1 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice

{I didn't go by this recipe verbatim, however, I did use it as a guide}


UPDATE: not peeling the apples worked fine but I did have to put it in the food processor for a few seconds... also, I added a drop of honey... mmm! :) 

2 comments:

  1. aw yay!!! Thanks for the shout out! And I love your new blog look! I've been trying to comment that for a week now but blogger has been weird each time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers