Monday, January 30, 2012

Must Have Items: Birth - 3 months

I just thought I would do a really quick post for you soon to be new MOM's who are trying to figure out what you might need/want these first few months of your babies life! 


I'm linking up {here}!

Here goes... some of these are rather obvious but I just tried to list anything/everything that I could think of that we used :) 

General:

  • Car seat (We love ours- snugride 35 by graco, rittenhouse pattern.  Make sure you get a pattern you love bc we definitely take 999 pictures a day of her in it :-P
  • Diapers (we prefer pampers swaddlers sensitive)
  • Wipes (we prefer pampers sensitive, thick)
  • Butt paste (literally)
  • Bouncy seat (get the one at target that actually BOUNCES itself... we didn't do that this go round but wish we did! Believe me, your legs or arms will get tired of bouncing ha)
  • Swing (ours goes side to side and front to back, plays 4 different tunes, 4 or 5 different speeds, has a birdie mobile and mirror, and can be used on battery or plugged in-- might sound a little too fancy for a swing but its so worth it!)
  • Wubbanub (this has made finding RG's passy so much easier and it doesn't fall out of her mouth onto the floor)
  • Stroller (we used snap n go... Love it!)
  • Prince lionheart wipe warmer
  • Burp cloths aka cloth diapers
  • Baby/infant tub
  • J&J bedtime bath soap/lotion- it smells delish! (although we don't use the lotion anymore bc little miss has sensitive skin so our pedi suggested eucerine cream not lotion)
  • Glow worm (Its fisher price-Soothe and Glow Seahorse... its comes in pink and blue)
  • Recieving blankets (the hospital ones are still my fave!)
  • Wash cloths
  • Towels
  • Bottles (We have Dr. Brown and Playtex... RG could care less which ones we use)
  • Variety of passies (the "soothies" from the hospital were RG's fav)
  • Play mat
  • Sound machine (plays white noise, ocean, stream, etc)
  • Sleep sheep
  • Books
  • Batteries. lots of them ha!


Diaper bag:

  • Bottles (clean ones ha!)
  • Bottled water (one for mixing with formula and one for me)
  • Snacks for mommy
  • Formula container
  • Passy wipes (the First Steps brand smell soo good!)
  • Extra passies (you wouldn't believe how often we forgot or lost her passy in transit somewhere... that is until the wubbanub-- then it was just if we forgot it)
  • Nursing cover (LOOVE mine Bebe au Lait... worth every penny!)
  • Diapers
  • Wipes
  • Changing pad
  • Change of clothes


Mom:

  • Breast pads (omg... you think you don't need them until you leak in public... AWKARD! ha)
  • Pads
  • Peri bottle
  • Nursing cover
  • Breastmilk Storage containers
  • Breast pump (again, you might think not a necessity but wait till you are so full you are in paaain ha! I waited until after I had RG to purchase. We purchased the single Medela pump - originally I wanted the double pump but 300 dollars. um no. and I haven't looked back)
  • Nursing tanks!! (got a couple from wally world- paired with a cardigan and wha-lah! perfect outfit :) )
  • Large(r) underwear (didn't want to reuin my "good" ones and I wanted something just a little looser- I loved just cheap black ones from wally world or target) (& I loved the mesh ones the hospital gave you!)
  • comfie pants!! (gauchos, sweats, and my fav- the crushed velvet type running suits from old navy or somewhere like that... they were a little more dressy than just sweats)
all of the italic items were things that were LIFE SAVERS :) 

hope this helped some?? :) if you have questions on items I listed or have any other questions feel free to ask and I'll be happy to answer as best I can.  

and because no post is a good post without a picture :)
I really don't know what we could do without RG's bouncy seat... she sleeps there every night and for every nap! 


*these are my own personal opinions and I was in no way compensated for any of the items listed above*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers